Photo credit and original recipe posted at: https://hostthetoast.com/blueberry-muffin-waffles-with-cinnamon-streusel-and-vanilla-glaze/
Blueberry Muffin Waffles with Cinnamon Streusel & Vanilla Glaze
Are they muffins? Are they waffles? Are they breakfast? Are they dessert? Am I so indecisive that I combined all of those into one recipe to create Blueberry Muffin Waffles with Cinnamon Streusel and Vanilla Glaze? Well, yes. Yes to all.
For the blueberry muffin waffles:
- 3 cups All purpose flour
- 1.5 cups Granulated sugar
- 1.5 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk, plus more if necessary
- 2 cups Fresh blueberries, plus more to top
For the cinnamon streusel
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter cubed
- 1.5 tsp Cinnamon
For the vanilla glaze:
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- To start, make the Muffin Waffle batter. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the oil, eggs, and milk. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and set aside.
- Next, make the Cinnamon Streusel. In a medium-sized bowl, cut together the flour, sugar, butter, and cinnamon until pea-sized crumbs form. Sprinkle the mixture on a baking sheet and bake until browned and crisp, about 10-12 minutes.
- As the Streusel bakes, make the Vanilla Glaze. In the bowl you used for the streusel, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until a smooth glaze forms. Set aside.
- Bake the waffle batter in a waffle iron until golden brown and cooked through, according to your waffle iron’s medium-heat settings. Top with the streusel and fresh blueberries, and then drizzle with vanilla glaze. Serve warm.