Photo credit and original recipe posted at: https://abeautifulmess.com/2016/05/blueberry-muffin-cookies.html
Blueberry Muffin Cookies
It’s made of some of the most addictive ingredients in baking: butter, sugar, and flour. Simple, but so good.
- 1/2 cup Butter Softened
- 1/3 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Grated candied ginger Optional
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen, thawed blueberries
For the crumble top:
- 3 Tbsp cold butter
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 pinch Salt
- *If you’d like, you can use 1 cup all-purpose flour instead of 3/4 cup and then 1/4 cup whole wheat flour. Up to you.
- In a bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, and salt. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet and stir until combined and crumbly dough begins to form.
- Grate the candied ginger, and then measure out a heaping 1/4 teaspoon and add to the bowl along with the blueberries. Stir, then refrigerate for a few minutes while you prepare the crumb topping.
- Cube the cold butter and combine in a small bowl with the sugar and flour. Use your clean hands to press together until a very crumbly mixture forms.
- Spoon the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking mat. Top each with the crumble topping. Bake at 350°F for 15-16 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying. The cookies will still be quite soft once they come out of the oven, so it’s best to let them cool a little before serving.