Photo credit and original recipe posted at: https://www.cookingclassy.com/bakery-style-lemon-blueberry-muffins/
Bakery Style Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Tall flavorful muffins studded with juicy sweet blueberries and brimming with bright lemon flavor! Just like what you’d get at the bakery. A delicious summery breakfast or treat!
- 2.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 4 tbsp Butter Softened
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil Divided
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 3 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 2/3 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1.5 tbsp sparkling sugar/raw sugar For topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- Add sugar to the bowl of an electric stand mixer, add lemon zest mix with paddle attachment for 15 seconds.
- Add butter and 1 Tbsp vegetable oil then whip mixture until pale and fluffy. Mix in remaining 3 Tbsp vegetable oil.
- Blend in eggs one at a time. Remove bowl from stand mixer.
- In a bowl or liquid measuring cup whisk together buttermilk, sour cream and lemon juice.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold until nearly combined, then add 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture and fold until nearly combined. Repeat process with flour and buttermilk mixtures once more. Fold in last 1/3 of the the flour mixture until nearly combined.
- Fold in blueberries (batter should be combined at this point but don’t over-mix, it will be thick and starting to fluff up).
- Divide batter among paper lined-muffin cups filling each cup heaped full (about a slightly heaped 1/3 cup in each. Use up all the batter), if using sanding sugar sprinkle evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees and continue to bake 10 – 13 minutes longer until toothpick inserted into center comes out free of batter.
- Remove from muffin pan and cool on a wire rack. Store muffins in an airtight container.
- Instead of the raw sugar you can finish with a lemon glaze, mix with 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice and spread over muffins warm.